What makes our Strength and Conditioning course unique compared to other providers
- Our Strength & Conditioning for Mixed Martial Arts is the only course in the UK specifically designed at applying S&C for MMA
- Strength & Conditioning for Mixed Martial Arts is REPS Accredited.
What will you learn?
• Purpose and goals of each
• What a warm up ISN’T
• Important movement patterns
• Biomechanical screening (checklist of “red flags” to identify movements that should be improved)
• Basic drills and exercises
Strength and power training
• Principles of strength training
• Speed and power development
• Force / velocity curve and how this applies to MMA
• Individual considerations for athletes
Stretching and mobility
• How important is it
• How to identify when something needs stretching / mobilising.
• Energy systems theory
• Aerobic training
• High intensity training
Training plan design
• Week by week – balancing the different elements of MMA training
• Periodisation over time (“in camp” vs “out of camp”)
• Monitoring training load / intensity and fatigue
• Basic nutrition
• Phases of weight loss – long term vs short term
• Principles of weight cutting, and risks associated
• Glycogen depletion
• Physiological and performance effects of different weight cutting methods.
• Working out which weight class your athlete should be in. When to move up or down a weight class.
• Individual considerations for different athletes, and the importance of running a test
• Sample protocols
Managing the injured athlete
• Communicating and working with other professionals (physios, doctors etc)
• Principles of rehabilitation – getting the athlete back to full fight fitness
• Considerations when training around injuries
Strength and Conditioning Course Duration:
- Two day intensive, practical & theory based course over 16 hours duration.
- 16 hours practical course, including a 8 week case study assignment to be completed within 2 weeks.
- Experienced Reps Level 2 Gym Instructors
- Level 3 Advanced Personal Trainer’s
- Level 4 Exercise Specialists
- Sports coaches
- MMA Coaches
- Martial Artists
- Police force PT’s
- Fire department PT’s
- Military PTI’s
Certification & CPD points
- A KBTEducation certificate will be issued, upon successful completion of the practical and theory assessment.
- 16 CPD points – to help meet your continual professional development requirements.
Strength and Conditioning Course Cost
- £270 Plus VAT
Strength and Conditioning Course Benefits
- Each student will receive an in depth colour manual covering Strength & Conditioning for Mixed Martial Arts
- Students will understand the basic fundamentals of strength and conditioning philosophies.
- Students will understand the basics of program design, detailing how to devise mesocycles.
- Achieve KBTEducation Strength & Conditioning for Mixed Martial Arts certificate
- Support & Guidance from KBT Education on your future CPD.
Continual Professional Development with KBTEducation.
- Automatic discount on all of KBTEducation’s course solutions.